Advice on Specialised Property Negotiation
We provide advice on specialised property negotiations to achieve the best possible result for our clients, including:
- Development Agreements
- New lease negotiations
- Lease terminations and buy-outs
- Reinstatement negotiations (at end of lease)
- Rent reviews and lease renewal negotiations
- Property due diligence, purchase and sale negotiations
Strategic Property Planning
A Strategic Property Plan is an essential planning and financial control tool for an organisation with a property portfolio.
We have developed Strategic Property Plans for many government and private sector organisations throughout New Zealand, including:
- Inland Revenue Department
- Vehicle Testing New Zealand
- IHC Inc.
- Te Wananga o Aotearoa
- Community Corrections
Urban Renewal Strategic Planning
We provide advice to City Councils and Chambers of Commerce on practical and realistic Revitalisation Plans for Urban Centres:
- Common sense strategies to urban renewal
- Feasibility studies on urban renewal initiatives
- Strategy development, planning and implementation for revitalisations
Corporate Accommodation Search and Securement
We perform management of the accommodation analysis, search and securement process.
- Build a Market and Risk analysis
- Preparation of an Accommodation brief
- Preparation of Building Performance Specifications.
- Development of “High Performance Green Building” and sustainable building principals
- Short-listing accommodation options.
- Develop negotiation strategies to achieve the best terms and conditions
- Advice on Lease negotiations and Securement
- Selection and procurement of tenancy work project managers
- Client representative role throughout project
- Management of residual lease liabilities
We have delivered these services to the following organisations:
- Department of Conservation
- AON Insurance
- New Zealand Customs Service
- Geological and Nuclear Sciences (GNS)
- Department of Internal Affairs
- Ministry of Social Development
- Datacom Systems
- Radio Network
Property Portfolio Analysis and Rationalisation
We advise on the rationalisation of corporate property portfolios. Our past projects have included:
- Datacom Group LimitedRationalisation of New Zealand, Australian and Asian property portfolios.
- Telecom Corporation LtdRationalisation of surplus property lease commitments in the Wellington region.
- Vehicle Testing New ZealandAcquisition/disposal of land and lease negotiations for new vehicle testing stations throughout NZ.
- Smith City Group LtdRationalisation of the national property portfolio.
- Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand LimitedPrepared a confidential report on the sale options and methods of sale for Mitsubishi's Wellington facilities at Todd Park, Porirua and Wingate, Lower Hutt. Planned and managed the disposal process to maximise the financial realisation of Todd Park.
Marketing Co-ordination of Surplus Property
We manage the leasing and sales process of our clients' property, by co-ordinating the marketing effort of real-estate agents. Examples:
- Government's Central Region Marketing Co-ordinator for the disposal of surplus office accommodation
- Telecom's Marketing Co-ordinator of surplus commercial property
- Geological and Nuclear Science's Marketing Co-ordinator for disposal of surplus property
Specialised Analysis and Reporting on Property
We carry out specialised analysis and reporting of property related matters, including Due Diligence, with specific emphasis on solving problems. Our past projects have included:
- State Services CommissionPrepared the SSC Review of May 1991 titled "Review of Government Office Accommodation". This initiated the reform of NZ Government Department property management.
- IHC Inc.Re-assessment of the structure for property matters on a national basis, with particular emphasis on decision-making processes. Recommendations on an overall national property management structure and information system.
- Vehicle Testing NZDevelopment of a Network Property Plan for vehicle testing stations based on a rigorous analysis of the supply, demand and competition capability.
- Department of CorrectionsDetailed reassessment and 5 year strategic property plan for their portfolio of over 140 properties. Created a corporate strategy for the rationalisation of property assets and co-location of Probation Service and Periodic Detention Centres.
- Hutt City CouncilPerformance Contract for provision of services between the Council and its property division.
We are experienced Property Development Managers who manage the entire property development process from start until finish.
Our services include the identification of market trends and new opportunities, securing of sites, feasibility studies, control of design consultants, town planning, marketing and securement of tenants, management of working drawings, negotiation of construction prices, development management of design and construction process to practical completion of projects such as the following:
- Wellington Airport Retail ParkDevelopment adviser to Managing Director and Board of Wellington International Airport Ltd for various developments related to land holdings at Wellington Airport including Airport Retail Park - large bulk retail development on 4.68 hectares of land on the western boundary of the airport.
- Capital Gateway Retail CentreDevelopment Managers of Capital Gateway Retail Centre in Thorndon Quay, Wellington. Secured leases of 7,500m2 to major Australian and New Zealand retailers.
- Todd ParkDevelopment Managers for the redevelopment of 24 Ha of land and buildings at Todd Park, Porirua. Upgrading and leasing of existing buildings, subdivision of site, sales of land parcels, feasibility and market analysis, management of consultants, marketing and sales of buildings.
Adding Value and Risk Analysis
We use our experience and lateral thinking property skills to maximise the value of property while analysing, assessing and minimising risk.
We carry out complete property management and corporate lease management functions for a number of clients with both owned and leased property portfolio's within New Zealand and internationally.